Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend fun

Friday was my annual work golf outing! It was a lot of fun but I must say my golf game needs a lot of work! Perhaps I would improve if I played more than once a year! Pat joined the group for dinner and a great time was had by all!

Saturday we played outside, visited with Grandpa and Mimi Kennedy, uncle Rob and Uncle John and had a cookout. The kids were quite crabby by Saturday afternoon. My mother-in-law now knows what I am talking about when I mention Abby throwing a temper tantrum! she was full of them on Saturday. If someone looked at her wrong she would throw herself on the floor. Then Saturday night she went to bed at the usual 7:30ish time and woke up at 11. She was wide awake and kept saying "bye-bye". I told her know, nigh-night! then she wanted her shoes on and some juice. After 3 hours of fighting with her I finally got her back to bed. So I slept until 6 when they woke up. I was really looking forward to nap on Sunday because I was exhausted! We laid down about 10 and Abby was up before 11! I couldn't believe it!!!

Sunday after Gavin and daddy woke up from their naps we decided to go try out Picnic Express. It is a little park that has a few inflatable toys for the kids to jump on, slide on and run through. Gavin loved the slide and the Wacky World which was like a little obstacle course! Abby loved her snocone! After an hour or so of fun at Picnic Express we headed to the drive through at Culvers for a late lunch! After lunch we played out in the sprinkler and then played in the house.

Monday night the kids were crabby again and fighting with each other over everything! then Gavin started playing with the vacuum cleaner and the kids thought it was hilarious for Abby to put a goldfish cracker on her hand and have Gavin suck it up with the vacuum cleaner! they were laughing and laughing...very entertaining!

Now they are sleeping but I am sure not for very long! I think Abby might be working on her 2 year molars so I gave her some Motrin tonight...we will see if that helps at all!

No comments: