Monday, August 4, 2008

Slammin' the salmon 2008





This past weekend was our annual fishing trip in Algoma...only this year neither Pat nor I fished. We just went to visit with family we don't see very often. The trip is a bunch of my aunts, uncles & cousins on my mom's side. The group that did fish had enough people for 2 boats and between the 2 boats they only got 9 fish. In the past we have gotten more than that on just one boat so it was a pretty slow evening!

Pat, the kids and I arrived on Thursday evening. We stayed at a house along with my mom, my aunt Anita, my cousin Tracia, her husband Adam and son Mason. The kids had a great time together...they really enjoyed playing the piano! The kids did pretty good sleeping Thursday night but were up at 4:45 AM! Friday we hung out at the house and played outside. In the evening everyone came to the house to grill out and play games. Gavin went bed great and Abby not so great. She usually has to cry herself to sleep and since we were all in one bedroom I couldn't put her in her pack n play to cry herself to sleep since Gavin was in there...so I rocked her and walked with her and sang to her in the living room but she was fighting it! I finally got her to bed around 10 and went out to visit with my family for about 10 minutes and then went to bed myself!

Saturday most of the group went to Green Bay to watch the Packers practice but Pat and I thought it would be kind of stupid to drive to Green Bay, back to Algoma and then back to Appleton the next day so we stayed back in Algoma with my mom, my aunt Marlene and my cousin's two daughters. We all went to the beach. The kids had a great time! They loved the sand and Gavin liked throwing rocks into the water. He also decided to taste the seaweed and some sand!

My aunt Anita and cousins Tracia, her husband and son left Saturday so that night we had an extra bedroom so we could separate the kids. Everyone slept much better! so I guess from now on we need 2 bedrooms just for our family!

No comments: