Monday, August 18, 2008

Repeat after me!



Once again I am WAY behind on blogging! I will run down the more exciting events from last week and weekend!

Beginning of the week was fairly uneventful! On Thursday I picked up a patio set for the kids. it is a small table with a little umbrella and 2 chairs. It is so cute and the kids love it! When I got home from picking up the patio set the kids came running up to me and I saw that Gavin had a little pony tail on the top of his head. He must have wanted "pretties" in his hair when the teachers at day care were putting them in the little girls hair. Abby wants nothing to do with pretties in her hair...might be because she still doesn't really have enough to do anything with! hopefully soon but then she probably won't let me touch her hair!

Friday night I went to see Rodney Atkins at the Brown County Fair. It was an awesome show and we had excellent seats! I had a great time! Saturday morning we took the kids to the Little Gym because we didn't make it Tuesday night. They did really good until about 10 minutes before the end of class and then they lost interest and were just running around like the wild children they are! :) Saturday night we got a babysitter and Pat and I went to Fox Cities Stadium to see Trace Adkins. That was also a great show and it was nice to have a date with the hubby! It isn't very often we get to enjoy each other's company anymore!

Sunday we went to the in-laws for dinner. The kids were good most of the day but shortly before dinner (or supper depending on where you are from) Abby wanted a toy Gavin had and Pat told her no. She started throwing a fit and wanted her Nuk and blankie. I gave her the Nuk and told her that we left her blankie at home...wow, wrong thing to say! After that she was in a full blown tantrum. We tried giving her a small towel and a knit blanket but that didn't work so Pat made an emergency run to Target and saved the day! Now we know...never, ever leave home with out the blankie!!!

No comments: