Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Can I just crawl back into bed!

Have you ever had one of those days you just want to crawl back into bed and hide from the world because you just know it is going to be a bad day! Well today is one of those days! The day started with the kids getting up at their usual 5:30 AM and from the time they got up until we left for daycare either one or both was crying about something. While trying to get ready for work I couldn't find one of my shoes or my pick to comb my hair, the kids got into a tote of notecards and spread those all over the floor and then started fighting over who got to hold the tote! They have both been unusually crabby the past few days...I hope it is just a stage that will end very soon! (before I lose my sanity)

Last night was the kids Little Gym night! They really seem to love going and I am amazed at how fast they are catching on to things! But they still like to run off and do their own things and not what the group is working on. The instructor said that is normal for their age and they will get better! While they were exploring Abby was crawling across a grouping of different sized mats they had set up only she was going the wrong way and holding up the line of kids that were trying to go the right way, so Pat picked her up and moved her to the line to go the right way and she threw herself on the floor and started crying. Pat took her outside for some cool off time and after about 5 minutes they rejoined the group!

Abby has been throwing lots of tantrums lately...over small little things and she has become very jealous of her brother. anytime one of us picks up Gavin she throws herself on the floor and starts crying. When Gavin picks up a toy she wants it and whatever sippy cup or NUK he has that is the one she HAS to have. Hopefully this too is just a phase that will soon pass.

Gavin has been pretty good lately except he likes to pick on his sister. He pushes her down, pulls her ears and what little hair she has. We have started making him sit on our laps for "timeout" when he does this and try to explain that he can't do those things because they hurt but so far I don't think it has sunk in!

On a brighter note...the kids got a pool this past Christmas that we finally blew up outside. It has a small slide and both kids are really enjoying it...they even went in with their clothes on after daycare one day! But I have learned that Abby has no fear...she just jumps right in head first! will be interesting to see her at a big pool this summer!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those kids! :) i think it is the weather (we couldn't blame it on that right?!!) because my kids have been terrors too. Not sure what's worse - 2 toddlers or 3 school age kids that should know better! I actually left the house last night at 5:45 when Kevin got home and didn't return until 10:00 - I needed to get away from them before I was officially declared insane! hang in there Lisa! Talk to me anytime!