Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sleep deprived

This week has been horrible in the sleep department! Gavin doesn't want to go to bed and Abby doesn't want to stay sleeping! Gavin screams for mommy and then wants me to lay down by his crib. Which is fine but I usually fall asleep myself and then get nothing done so the cleaning and laundry really start piling up! Two night this week he seems wide awake when he goes in his crib and we have tried different bedtimes but it doesn't seem to matter. The good thing is that once he gets to sleep he usually stays sleeping!

Abby on the other hand goes to bed really well but wakes up several times a night and wants to get up and play! We make her stay in her crib and either rub her back until she is settled down or we just let her "cry it out." She rarely sleeps past 5:30 and both kids wake up crying and crabby.

Any advice people have on the topics of getting kids to bed, keeping them sleeping all night and getting them to wake up happy would be very helpful. I think I will be investing in some sleep books to get some help! By the end of the week I am barely functioning...I sort of feel like I did when they were infants...a walking zombie!

1 comment:

CTTK said...

OH we are going through the same thing! Keegan screams when he goes to bed and when we finally get him to sleep it is only for a couple hours then he is screaming again! I think he hates me