Monday, February 2, 2009

Thank goodness January is over!

I think I used over a week of leave time in the month of January due to illnesses with the kids...and Pat used 2 or 3 days! Abby woke up at 3 AM last Friday morning with a fever so she had to stay home from daycare. While we were playing in the morning I noticed something stuck in her hair near her ear...when I got it out of her hair I discovered it was her ear tube. I called our doctor's office and talked to the nurse...she said our doctor was not taking anymore patients but she knew we were taking Gavin to the ear, nose & throat doctor (I will get to that later) so she said to call them and let them know Abby's tube fell out and that she had a fever.

I called the ENT doctor and they said Abby could come along. I had the appt scheduled for Gavin because his left ear had been stinky for over a week and the ear drops didn't seem to be helping. At the appt we found out that both Abby's tubes had come out but her ears overall looked good so the fever must have been from something else. (I am guessing 2 year molars!) The doc looked in Gavin's right ear first and said his tube was just sitting in the ear canal so he took it out. then on to the left ear...that tube was also just sitting in the ear canal so he removed that one also and said the left ear was infected so prescribed more ear drops. Since using them his ear is smelling better! still not 100% but atleast I can breath when we snuggle now!

That was better news than I thought we were going to get...I was sure he had stuck something up his nose...since the day before I got a call from daycare that he had torn part of his goldfish cracker bag and put it up his nose and they had to use a tweezers to get it out!

No comments: