Friday, January 23, 2009

Traveling Time Out

The kids have been quite entertaining while being naughty lately! On Wednesday night the kids were being naughty. Gavin was throwing everything he could get his hands on so I put him in Time out in the recliner. he kept trying to get out so and I kept putting him back. finally after he was allowed out Abby picked up a book, smiled at me and threw it then said time out? I put her in time out and of course she tried getting out so I would put her back in and both kids were laughing hysterically! so I decided to find a chair they couldn't get out of and decided on their old boster seats. I got them out and set them on the floor and tried explaining to 2 year olds that these were the new "time out" chairs. of course they started playing with them and even though they are exactly the same they both wanted the same one. Gavin got mad at Abby and pinched her cheek. I told him no, time out and strapped him in the chair. He started crying that he wanted out. I told him no and then he stood up with his little chair strapped to his butt and started following me through the living room crying that he wanted out. I just kept telling him he was in time out and to sit down. (while trying really hard not to laugh outloud!!!)

I have now decided that time out will consist of them going to their rooms with the door closed!

And we had another trip to the doctor yesterday! Daycare called in the afternoon and said Gavin's left ear was draining and he kept sticking his finger in it. and it was very stinky. The doctor could not find anything wrong with his ear so thought maybe we just got water in it during bath and it was irritating his ear. So we are putting drops in and hoping it clears up because it is really stinky!

1 comment:

Jean said...

That time out story is hillarious!