Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Event filled weekend!

On Saturday Abby and mommy went to JC Penney in Green Bay for haircuts! I found a stylist I just love when we lived in Green Bay so I keep going back! I had an appt on Saturday and brought Abby along hoping Dawn would have enough time to cut Abby's hair also! She said she had time so she trimmed Abby's fly-a-way hair first! Abby did really well for her first haircut! then after her hair cut it was my turn. Abby sat in the chair next to my chair and was "reading" her books! Then she decided she wanted to get down and of course fell on the way down and hit her head on my chair. She ended up with a black & blue mark in between her eyes! She was crying and wanted ice for her boo boo but they didn't have any. So Dawn got a mini peanutbutter cup and unwrapped it for Abby and give it to her. Abby took the candy and put it on her forehead like ice! I told her that chocolate makes mommy feel better too! it was too cute! the candy left a nice chocolate mark on her forehead. I took a picture but haven't uploaded it yet...I will get it up this week!

After our haircuts we headed home to pick up daddy & Gavin and headed down to Milwaukee to meet some friends at the children's museum. I was really disappointed...I thought it would be bigger and have more for the kids to do. They are definitely too young for most of that museum! After the museum we headed over to our friends house for pizza. Their 1 year old showed Gavin and Abby where the food pantry was so my kids helped unload all the cans and boxes of food! It sure is hard to visit with friends when you have toddlers! I spent most of the time tending the kids needs and keeping them out of things!

Sunday the kids were supposed to go for a play date with one of their friends that used to go to their daycare but Abby took an almost 4 hour nap so we had to cancel! She woke up very crabby so I thought for sure she was sick but so far she is just whiny and not really showing any signs of illness! we will keep our fingers crossed.

Tonight we hope to decorate pumpkins so I will add those pictures along with the haircut, chocolate ice and children's museum photos!

No comments: