Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Never a normal illness at our house!

Last Thursday Abby woke up in the middle of the night with a 101 fever. I gave her Tylenol and that helped for about an hour and then the fever started coming back again. She went to the doctor on Friday. They did a strep test and it came back negative. The doctor thought it was something viral and sent her home.

She had a fever all weekend and kept complaining that her mouth hurt. I thought maybe she was getting her 2 year molars. We did the Tylenol/Motrin cycle all weekend to keep her comfortable and took her back to the doctor on Monday. She ended up having Aphthous Stomatitis...little canker like sores on her tongue and throat! So no wonder she was complaining that her mouth hurt! I looked in her mouth several times and could not see anything but it is also very hard to get a good look in a 2 1/2 year olds mouth!

She is finally starting to feel better so hopefully now she will start sleeping at night again! Well as well as she did before anyway! (she has never been a sleep through the whole night kind of kid!)

Gavin loves to play with his bat and ball! He likes to hit the ball when you throw it to him but misses quite a bit...so we got him a t-ball set and he is really, really good! I was amazed how well he did and how far he can hit it!

And I am going to steal an idea from a fellow Mother of Multiples club member and start posting my weight loss progress (failure) on here!

I don't want to share my actual weight but will share that to start I would like to lose 35 lbs! I will try to post weekly on how I am doing

No comments: