Friday, April 24, 2009

More illnesses

Last week Friday Gavin went to the doctor for a cold. Deep cough, runny noes, fever. He was put on antibiotic and then Wednesday I got a call from daycare that his ears were draining and he said they hurt. I was in Madison for work so I told daycare Thursday morning that I was going to call and get him into the doctor sometime during the day. Between leaving the daycare and getting to work (about 15 minutes) I got a call from daycare that Abby's right ear was also draining so I might want to get her in also!

So we got the kids in at 3 yesterday and Abby is now on antibiotic and Gavin is going back to the ENT doc next Tuesday and the allergist on Wednesday. Our doctor said that Gavin's glands are swollen in his neck and his sinuses are not draining properly which is creating the ear drainage. So he wants us to see the ENT doc to check out Gavin's adnoids (sp) and tonsils. He also thinks it could be allergy related so we scheduled the allergist appointment but have to see what the ENT doc thinks.

1 comment:

Emily said...

get them kids feeling better soon!